Thursday, June 26, 2008

first hair cut



so yesterday maggie came to me with scissors in hand asking me to "take it off!" (meaning her hair) i guess it kept getting in the way while she was playing with her toys. so I decided....maybe it's time. aunt meggy helped me give her a trim today. it actually looks pretty cute and after taking off a couple of inches...it is still pretty long. i did shed a couple of tears though.

6 comments:

Ashley said...

Sad huh! That's funny she asked you to do it. At least she didn't do it herself. It looks great and healthy.

Lewieville said...

Yeah at least she didn't cut it and then ask. How do you get her to keep headbands in her hair?

Angela and Bryan said...

Her hair is still so long, and so pretty! As others have said, that is great that she asked you and didn't just cut it herself! My sisters little boy just cut his little sister's hair. My sister REALLY shed some tears over that!

The Howards said...

Wow, I can't believe how much you cut and it still looks long! I guess I haven't seen her in a while. Her new cut is how long I remember it being. Very cute! I love how blond she is!

CCmomma said...

at least she didn't do it herself. Maggie is a cutie!

shaunie said...

It's sad to chop a lot off, especially the first time. Evelyn's hair is getting so long, and staying really curly, so combing it every day can be quite a challenge. Ben says I should cut it, but I won't be able to for quite a while yet. I can't believe Maggie came to you asking for the hair cut! I cut my own hair when I was 4, and I wasn't nearly as cute as Maggie when I was done.