Wow...I've blogged 3 days in a row.
Shocked?
Me too!
This is actually just a quick recipe post.
Remember the recipe I talked about HERE ?
It has only taken me 2 years to get the recipe to you!
I just made them for the ward Christmas party and had a few requests for the recipe.
Here goes...
Candy Cane Cookies
from a Southern Living Cookie Cookbook
1 cup butter
2/3 cup powdered sugar
1 tsp peppermint extract
1/8 tsp salt
2 1/2 cups flour
Beat butter until creamy. Add powdered sugar, extract, salt. Gradually add flour. Mix. Chill dough for at least 30 min.
Roll out 1/4 inch thick and use cookie cutters for desired shape.
You could also roll them into 2" logs and curve the end down like a candy cane.
Bake 325 for 18 minutes.
Glaze:
2 cups powdered sugar
2 1/2 Tbsp milk
1/4 tsp peppermint extract
As soon as they come out of the oven, I roll them in powdered sugar and put a little glaze on top and let it melt. Then sprinkle crushed peppermint candy canes on top.
I also usually double the recipe. A doubled recipe will use about 1 box of candy canes.
Mmmmmm.
My mouth is watering.
ENJOY!


3 comments:
Just so I can't steal all the credit, this recipe is from a Southern Living cookie cookbook. I'm planning to make a batch this weekend.
I've blogged a few times this week too! Yay for us!
YUMM!
I am making these today! I can't wait!
Post a Comment