Monday, October 5, 2009

This is what Dan has been working on the last year.
The U of O Academic Learning Center.
Isn't it amazing?!
They are now wrapping things up and it should be complete in a few weeks.
We were able to go on a weekend retreat with the people responsible for this beautiful building. This included the people from Nike, the Architectural firm, Hoffman, University of Oregon (and their significant others).
Tu Tu Tun is where we stayed. BEAUTIFUL place.

Here we are Salmon fishing on the Rogue River. Our fishing guide, Helen, is the only female guide they have. She was pretty hard core and ended up leading me to THIS....

29 lbs of Salmon right there! I actually ended up winning a prize for the second biggest fish. (First prize was 32 pounds)

I seriously thought I was going to die while reeling it in...but what an adrenaline rush.
So fun.

This is everybody on the jet boat ride.
We went on a scenic ride up the river...lots of black bears, deer, bald eagles. Very pretty. We did some 36o's too which is why Dan wanted to sit in front. More action up there.
Here we are on the balcony outside our room.

Thanks Mr. Slusher for an AMAZING weekend.

Thanks hubby for working so hard and putting in so many long hours to build something so great and support your family.

Thanks Mom, Dad, Kiley, Bryce, & John for taking on 3 little rugrats for a couple of days. They had so much fun. I actually didn't worry about them too much because I knew they were in good hands. They also drove half way to meet us with the kids (8 hours round trip)!

special Thanks mom for having all the kid's laundry done. It's nice to come home and not have to worry about piles of laundry to wash!

10 comments:

Ashley said...

Holy Cow Kristan! How often do you go fishing? That thing is huge. So do you get to load your freezer up with salmon? Yum! That building is very neat. Way to go Dan! Sounds like a fun retreat. The picture of the two of you on the balcony is beautiful, you both look great!

DK Johnston said...

Ashley...yes we have a freezer full of salmon filets! Plus, we smoked half of it and they are sending that to us. I can't wait try it.

shaunie said...

What fun! You look cold in the fishing pic, but what a pay off! I haven't seen anyone with a salmon that big in a while.

You have a cool job Dan!

Shantel said...

It looks like you guys had a fun time. Way to go on that salmon! We miss you all!

Katie said...

Wow, nice catch Kristan! Very impressive skills. And Dan, way to build. That is a cool building.

Megan said...

Dude I bet Dan was so proud..."yah that's my wife" sort of thing. I'm glad you guys got a gettaway.

kelsey j said...

SMOKED SALMON IS SO GOOD! Daniel is so proud of your catch! He thought it was awesome.

Teresa said...

What an amazing fish! So what is next for you guys now that the building is completed?

Mom and Dad said...

Loved seeing pictures of your weekend. Good job Kristan on the fish and we love it that you got to bring some home.

Ben said...

I'm obviously in the wrong line of work. Hey cool guy...good work man.