Thursday, March 5, 2009

my recent addiction


THESE!

I have seriously always been completely TERRIFIED of using coupons, and being behind crazy coupon people in line REALLY annoys me...BUT...after spending WAY too much on groceries last month, and seeing other people SAVE so much by using coupons, I decided...maybe it's time.

So today I had my first COUPONING experience. It really wasn't so bad. I think I was sweating bullets just hoping I was doing everything right and making sure I got the MAXIMUM savings I could. Here's how it turned out...



2 chex mix
1 colgate Max Fresh toothpaste
1 colgate Total toothpaste
(Don't you forget that FREE toothbrush on top of that...OH YEA!)
1 pantene fusion shampoo
1 pantene fusion conditioner
4 dove soap bars
4 dove deoderants (they are just travel size...BUT they were free)
2 boxes fiber one bars


MY grand total after all savings....$4.76
Total savings....$20.70 PLUS $13.50 Register rewards to use as cash on my next visit!

Not too bad for my first time, right?? I was pretty pleased with myself until I went outside of Walgreens and discovered I had left my lights on. Thanks to my hubby for coming to rescue our dead battery.

So...are you a coupon person? Any helpful tips? How do YOU save money on groceries?

7 comments:

Katie said...

Way to go!! Just wait, this new hobby can be HIGHLY addicting! My friends and I have a blog, you'll have to check it out, krazycouponlady.blogspot.com.
P.S. How are you? I was thinking about you the other day and wanted to give you a call. I saw some pictures of us on The Bridge website, what fun memories! Email me sometime. -katie-

Robert said...

I don't save money on groceries.

Ashley said...

My sister got me started in couponing. I get the newspaper delivered and clip away. Sometimes I am good and organized and other times I just say, "OH well" and shop without, that happens a lot lately. YOU did really super! I don't think I have gotten that much for that little. A travel-sized deodorant would be great for your 72-hour kit. That's on my mind, because I am trying to organize ours.

Nicki G said...

That is amazing...where do you find all your coupons?

Julie said...

That's awesome! We live in po-dunk town so our coupons are limited, but my friend uses pinchingyourpennys.com (I think that's what it's called) and she loves it.

Ben said...

Fiber One?! Looks like Dan is a regular kind of mans man. That is important for daily comfort on the job site. I miss you guys.

Shante said...

Kristan, that's amazing. I'm so impressed and may have to ask you for some lessons in couponing (is that a word?) when I return to the States. I, like you, have been rather intimidated and unsure I had the skillzzzz necessary but you've inspired me on this one.