Monday, February 11, 2008

a little bit of our story

September 2002. I had a little crush on this guy in my BYU-I ward. After finishing a test one Saturday morning, to my surprise I ran into he and his roommate in the parking lot on the way home. They totally flagged me down and I was quite nervous when I saw them coming over. We chatted for a sec and then they asked me what I was doing that day. I told them I didn't have any plans yet. They told me they were going clay pigeon shooting but had to get their hair cut first. For some reason these words came out of my mouth...."I can cut hair." ( i had never cut hair in my life) They were thrilled and asked if I could cut theirs. (i'm sure they were thinking.....free haircut!) I said I would do it. They told me they would be over in a few minutes. On the way home I was excited that he was coming over but a little panicked because I had no idea what I was doing. How hard could it be....right?! When I got home, I ran in and told my roommate what I had done. She quickly explained to me how she thought hair clippers worked. They show up about 5 minutes later and his poor roommate goes first. I cut his hair. My crush goes second and realizing that I had no clue what I was doing....he guided me through it and actually got a pretty decent cut. They left....reassuring me that their hair looked "great." We had made plans to hang out later that night and when I saw them.....they had totally gone home and buzzed his roommate's head. Even though I felt pretty stupid, it was all worth it. I had a ton of fun hanging out with Dan(my crush) that day. We started to become pretty good friends and after about 5 or 6 weeks...he asked me on a real date. 6 months later we were engaged and married 3 months after that. Believe it or not.....Dan actually lets me cut his hair now and I can do a pretty good job. Thanks for putting up with me. I love you sweetie!..........HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY everyone.....Let's hear your story.

2 comments:

Ben said...

That's so funny you volunteered your hair-cutting "skills"! Love makes us do weird things sometimes. Maybe it makes us brave. But everything works out in the end.

Ashley said...

I read part of this, but forgot to finish until today. That is quite the story. How funny that you said you could when you never had. Any excuse to be with the one we love. How cute. Chad and my dating time table are pretty much the same as yours. We met in October dated for 6 months engaged for 3 and then married in July. SO fun!